Experts: People Install Gas Cylinders because of Poverty

Experts: People Install Gas Cylinders because of Poverty
The gas explosion in a multi-story building on Moskovsky Avenue of Chisinau was caused by the leakage from a gas cylinder. In this regard, local authorities urged citizens to report on the use of gas equipment in homes with electric stoves. This initiative was perceived ambiguously and caused a lot of controversy in society. The guests of the “City Environment” program on Accent TV channel spoke in more detail about this.

“Our problem is basically systemic. The problem is that people live quite poorly in Moldova. If someone set himself gas cylinders, he did it not because he wants to save money, but because he simply does not have the opportunity to pay for electricity based on the tariff set by Gas Natural Fenosa. And we must find such a middle ground in order not to violate the rights of every person in the territory of the Republic of Moldova,” lawyer Fadey Nagachevsky said.

In turn, the municipal councilor from the PSRM faction, Alexander Odintsov, is of the opinion that people installing questionable equipment that is not intended for use in such housing should also be held responsible to other residents.

At the same time, the municipal councilor is confident that in such situations the local authorities not only can, but are obliged to intervene in the situation, having organized checks to identify the installation of gas equipment in homes with electric stoves.


Date: 16:57 11/10/2018



All news




















 
All news

Tags

All

Проекты