The Ministry of Health will begin to issue free of charge contraceptives to some categories of citizens
According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection, 17% of women in reproductive age (from 15 to 49 years) do not have contraception and do not plan pregnancy.
Only one third of women of reproductive age use modern contraceptives, another 14% prefer to be protected by traditional methods. Some people even use "folk" means, but experts say that this practice is ineffective and detrimental to health, reports sputnik.md.
And this despite the fact that seven categories of citizens can receive contraceptives for free:
- youth up to 24 years;
- families with low incomes;
- persons under the supervision of an expert in narcology;
- persons with psychosocial abnormalities, under the supervision of a psychiatrist and family doctor;
- women who have beome victims of sexual violence;
- women who had aborted in the past 365 days.
Date: 13:24 13/07/2018